Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C
2. Cut poussin in half and put skin side up in baking dish. Squeeze juice of ½ lemon over and a drizzle of olive oil (±15ml), season and bake for 30-40 minutes, basting with pan juices from time to time.
3. Peel and cut parsnips lengthwise, drizzle with oil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper – lazy/clever cook uses one dish for chicken and parsnips. Bake for 25-30 minutes, basting with the honey during the last 10 minutes.
4. Start rice with 250ml hot water, 2ml salt and a bay leaf, and simmer till al dente or add more water and simmer till soft and fluffy, depending on personal taste. Remove bay leaf.
5. Cut courgette into batons, add finely chopped ginger and stir-fry in 10-15ml olive oil, adding the chopped mint leaves at the end.
6. Plating: dish up the rice into a serving ring, topping with courgettes. Place chicken and parsnips to make a pleasing picture, with a spoonful or two of pan juices.